When In Tokyo...

This blog is a space to keep track of the year I will spend in Japan. Look forward to pictures, rants, and raves of all things Japanese. I'll also link up to a few other blogs. Please leave me a comment here and there to let me know you're still alive and reading.

Friday, September 15, 2006

I can't believe I'm in...California!

9/15/06
8:05 AM
That was for you Sara.
Right, so, I’m on my way to the sunshine state for a weekend of fun. I’m maybe not as nervous as I will be when I’m on my way to Japan. I mean, I am still in America.

Of course…last night I didn’t sleep well. But not because I was nervous, oh no, because I was sick. That’s right…no cold or cough all summer and then the day before I leave I catch something. It wouldn’t be so bad if it were only a snuffly nose or something of the like but I woke up at 2 this morning and could hardly hear anything. My ears were clogged and I couldn’t get them to pop. I tried everything. Eventually I did fall back asleep…around 3 and woke up an hour and 15 minutes later to get ready for the airport(that’s right-4:15). After taking a shower I feel much better...I can hear and Mom gave me some day quill so that’s good. I just really hate that I’m going to be THAT sick person on the plane-The one who coughs and sneezes and gets everyone else sick. Alas.

Despite the cold I am beside myself with excitement. I’ve never been to California…as I think I’ve mentioned. It should be fun and mom and Caitlin gave me a list of things I should see. Yay! Speaking of Mom…yes, she cried at the airport but was surprisingly restrained. I’m sure she cried more when she was driving home….All I want to say is that I love you mom and dad. A year isn’t so long and I’ll write all the time so no worries!

This morning has also demonstrated my complete lack of knowledge and multitude of foolishness when it comes to airports. BOTH of my check-in bags were overweight. Luckily I was allowed to move the extra weight from one into the other. Yes! Still…I’m concerned about my carry on though dad assures me it’s perfectly fine. It weighs…a lot. Probably more than my suitcase…alas…I am an over packer.

Then…as Andrew and I were trying to get on the tran to our concourse I nearly get my leg chopped off by the door. I had no idea they closed so fast and they seem to have no detectors…so I I had been caught I may have been dragged…who knows! I laughed though. I find it’s best to laugh at yourself because then the others who see you and think you may be an idiot also see you at least have a good sense of humor.

Of course…Andrew and I manage to miss concourse A and must get off the Tran and walk back to the concourse. It was fun. I got to run down those walking sidewalk things. Finally we make it to our gate and here I sit waiting to board the plane. Now I’m getting more nervous and excited…maybe no one on the plane will notice I’m the one coughing, sneezing, and generally dirtying up the air in there.

Much Love!

6:25 PM(Atlanta), 3:25 PM(San Fransisco)
I made it! and San Fransisco is beautiful. I was definatly the person coughing and sneezing on the plane..until I fell asleep for 3 hours. Score! I also managed to get a ton of water bottles from the stewardess..I swear it was more than 10 but Andrew says it was more like 8. Whatever...they should have just let me take a gallon of my own water.
Oh..and my carry on fits into the overhead compartments...of course...I think I may be doing really bad things to my back because of how heavy it is but oh well.

Apparently Catherine(Scot's wife) is going to let me and Andrew loose downtown on our owns this afternoon. Should be interesting. she is giving us directions for the train ride back to her house and a map so we should be all good. Yay for California...It's like a completely different country out here!

Peace^.^

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay...you made it! Have a ball in San Francisco, it is a great city. I was tickled to see this post this morning, but...but...did you have to tell everyone what a crybaby I am?!?! Love you to pieces! xoxo Mom

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess! You are adorable. Enjoy the...golden state? I think that's its nickname. Catch some waves or check out some dudes or dudettes, and say hi to Zack Morris for me. -Alice

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the west coast and San Francisco. I hear there are wonderful downtown historic districts to poke around in!

~Cal (Rev)

1:40 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

So, let's still note how I slept 0 hours and it's 1:13 am and I'm still up. WHO AM I? Anyways, I got on and was thrilled to see you not only did everything I asked, but you made me a profile as well which made me laugh a lot and I loved it. Thanks for being the best friend ever. Have a safe flight tomorrow!! Love yooooou!

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home