When In Tokyo...

This blog is a space to keep track of the year I will spend in Japan. Look forward to pictures, rants, and raves of all things Japanese. I'll also link up to a few other blogs. Please leave me a comment here and there to let me know you're still alive and reading.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

School stuff and other updates

Things have been good since my last post (of course).
Jet lag is still definatly kicking my butt hardcore but I plan on not letting myself go to sleep until it is at least 10:00 here...

Anyway. On Monday I went to Sophia to get the Japanese Placement test results. I met Andrew there so we both got our results at the same time. I mwas placed in Japanese 150...thats a little higher than the first class so its perfect for me. Andrew was placed in the class above that so good for him too. After getting our results Andrew and I went to Akihabara. We were really hungry so we decided to find some food first. Its funny...everywhere you go in Japan there are little noodle shops and food stalls all over the place...EXCEPT akihabara. It was very frsutrating and we spent at least an hour trying to find someplace to eat. My stomach was eating itself. We finally found a good noodle house and each got some ramen. They were huge servings though but delicous! After that we didn't have too long to walk around so we didn't actually get to see too much of Akihabara. Sad. But I'll go back another time...no big deal.

Unfortunatly I was still full from lunch at dinner time and could hardly touch the delicous meal set before me. It was really sad!

Today I had to got to Sophia to get advised. I asked Andrew to meet me early so we could eat before hand. Of course I for some reason got there early (whats wrong with me?) and so I ordered a small chocolate drink at that coffee shop. There's this perfect spot to sit in the shop where you can see all the people leaving and entering the train station. Definatly I spot I'll return to. Anyway...Andrew showed up and since it was raining I bought an umbrella. We ate at a cool little resaurant that had a lot of meals with hamburger meat(they cook it a lot like steak here). Of course..the shop was really tiny and I manage to completely wipe out in the middle of it. All the business men eating lunch were like "Daijobu, Daijobu!?(are you alright)". I was mightily embarrased but the good food made up for it. I spent a lot of time laughing over that one.

Advising was pretty boring but I've decided what classes I want to take:
Japanese Cinema
Topics in Japanese Art History
Survey of Japanese Literature 1
Japanese Women's History
Religion and the Arts
(plus my Japanese class)

I'm excited and if it turns out ot be too many I can always drop one.
Well....It was raining today so I didn't really go anywhere else except Sophia. I did spend some time fater advising talking with Andrew and two other students(mark and Justin).

Things are good.
I also showed Manami and Okaasan my art. They are very amazed. I guess...I dunno...Its funny to me^.^

well..not much else to report.
Much love to all!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo your classes sound great! I love falling in the middle of small places...haha, oh Jess, how I love you. I'm about to go get schooled by my art history test, and speaking of art, I'm still amazed by your art too! I misssss you a ton! <3, Sara

7:20 AM  
Blogger Raquelita said...

Ha ha, I can just picture this happening... you are so going to be a movie one day... It's funny because I talked with Nick the other day and he said that about our whole family. I really enjoy this writing of yours and Im wishing I had done it in Spain... keep it up. I miss you like crazy! I love you! Smoochies!

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I want to take those classes, too! You are doing so much everyday...it seems like you've been gone forever, but you've only been gone such a short time. I love this about your trip. Reading your blog is like taking the trip with you :)

Love you!!!!

xoxo Mom

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Cool classes Jess! ENVY! Remember to send your mom and me a copy of your registration docs, love ya!

Dad!

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww! I can totally picture you wiping out and then giggling embarassedly. And your entries always make me hungry. I miss you, and I'm glad I got to talk to you the other day. Your classes sound like they'll be amazing. I love you! -Alice

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home