When In Tokyo...

This blog is a space to keep track of the year I will spend in Japan. Look forward to pictures, rants, and raves of all things Japanese. I'll also link up to a few other blogs. Please leave me a comment here and there to let me know you're still alive and reading.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Easy Days

Not much of note has happend as of late.
Classes are good but I have a lot of reading assignments everynight. Still, everything is really interesting. I did decide to drop the Art History class. This makes me a little sad but Cinema will have to make up for lack of an Art History course. Something sort of scary happened with registration. The forms were due on the 11th before 5 and I almost completely forgot and got ot the office something like 3 minutes before 5. Still, the women there would not take my papers. They insisted I had missed the dealine. Needless to say I got very upset. Mostly I was mad at myself since it was my fault for being so last minute but still, I felt like they could have just taken the papers. I tried not to get upset but I was really worried about several things. Anyway, I kind of sat outside the office wondering what I was going to do when one of the ladies came outside and told me to come back after final registration results. she said they could try to fix everything then but there were no garuntees. I decided that whatever happened I would be fine so there was no need to get upset.
Happily the whole thing seems to be resolving itself. I received this email today:

"Dear Jessica-san, This is Jun HATANO,Overseas Liaison Center. The Academic Center contacted me about your course registration. According to them, they refused to accept your course adjustment sheet on October 11. But, I know you were there before 5:00 pm. Now they can accept your course adjustment. Will you be able to come to our office next Monday ? Thank you in advance for your attention. Best regards, Jun "

I don't really know how she "knows" I was there before five, especially since I was there like 3 minutes before five but I'm glad it's going to work out. Two lessons to be learned: The Japanese take deadlines very seriously and, Don't get upset, things will work out somehow.

On a lighter note, I went and Saw the Dali exhibit at the Ueno Royal Museum with another student from Sophia. It was amazing. I will definatly have to return with notebook to take notes and money so I can buy some Dali stuff. I love Dali, I seriously die over his work. Its amazing the allusion, referencing, allegory, detail, and everything he puts into his paintings. And the way he uses color and the paint itself..and I mean, everything! Its just so great. I will definatly be returning.

Hmmm....not much else for now...
Much Love!

3 Comments:

Blogger Raquelita said...

I love you Jessica!

When I go back to Spain Im gonna try and get more Dali stuff for you.

Smoochies!

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that the email said Jessica-san! I'm glad you got to see some Dali!!

xoxoxo
sara

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An interesting lesson, to be sure. SO glad everything worked out for you. Like Sara, I especially like that the email said Jessica-san...very cool.

I'm thrilled you got to see the Dali exhbit, I know how dear that is to you!

love you!
Mom

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home