When In Tokyo...

This blog is a space to keep track of the year I will spend in Japan. Look forward to pictures, rants, and raves of all things Japanese. I'll also link up to a few other blogs. Please leave me a comment here and there to let me know you're still alive and reading.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

No more nomihoudai for me!

Nomihoudai basically means all you can drink. I went to a nomihoudai/tabehoudai(all you can eat) a few weeks ago with Andrew and had good clean fun and only got a bit tipsy. I however have decided that I will no longer be participating in the alcohol part of the Nomihoudai I may attend in the future.
This is the based on the events of last night. I'm not going to go into detail but I will explain a bit. I went to kareoke with andrew and some people from my japanese class. Now...usually you get kareoke and it comes with Nomihoudai and its all good. This was my first experience. All the other people there drank beer but I am not a beer person so I ordered this grape sour drink that was very good. Problem is, i think with the whole kareoke situation, is that you sit around moving a little to the music but basically you're just sitting the whole time. And you're drinking and having fun but you're not really keeping track of how much...and I was the only one drinking that grape sour drink.
In any case the Kareoke was fun and the people from my Japanese class were all very nice. andrew and I had to leave early though so we could catch the last train.
This is where I will leave off detail and basically say once I started moving my body began to register the large amount of drink I had consumed. I am glad andrew was with me and I got home okay and I didnt get hurt or anything but I definatly, definatly don't feel the urge to drink again. It reminds me a little of Rachel, only instead of getting angry I get silly and reckless.

Hah hah.
I guess it's not that funny and some of you may be a little surprised at my alcohol consumption in general but its no big deal. As long as I can do as Rachel has done and give it up. I really don't think that will be a problem. Besides, I like strawberry milk better than grape sour anyway.

Peace!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you Jess, just take care of yourself!! -Sara

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy, I hate to think what happened when you started moving. A wise move to give it up, I think.

Love you tons!

xoxo
Mom

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Achh! Sour purple is deadly!!! :))

Love Dad!

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww jess. you're so cute. you had more fun doing karaoke with us though right?! -caitlin

8:04 AM  
Blogger Raquelita said...

Thanks Jess for calling me out!!!! I think its good you're taking a break, just remember you can still have fun without it! I should let you know that I have started drinking again, but three drinks top!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home