When In Tokyo...

This blog is a space to keep track of the year I will spend in Japan. Look forward to pictures, rants, and raves of all things Japanese. I'll also link up to a few other blogs. Please leave me a comment here and there to let me know you're still alive and reading.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Ahhh...relaxation

So I got back from my trip with Andrew and his parents about a week ago. I had intended to update and write about all these great places but I was so exhuasted that I pretty much just wanted to relax instead, so I did.
I'll insert random posts about sights around Japan from now on but suffice to say my trip with Andrew's parents was good and took me all the way to Hiroshima. I did spend quite a bit of money though...I think I'll survive^.^

In the mean time...

Yukari came over yesterday. We rented two movies (Bridget Jone's Diary: the edge of reason and Kinky boots), watched them, ate curry that Manami made, worked a bit on a puzzle, and made shortcake!

The shortcake was interesting to make because I wasn't sure if we had the right ingredients. Specifically I'm talking about cocoa powder. Now, is there some sort of special cooking cocoa powder? I hope not because we just used the stuff my family uses to make hot chocolate. Unless that is special cocoa cooking powder. Anyway, it was fun and the cakes turned out well (though maybe a bit small). The family was impressed.


Pictures!

on another note:
The new host student is here! Her name is Tyisha and she's very nice. Unlike me, she is traveling through the program CIEE. I don't know much about it but it seems pretty organized. Manami and I picked her up today and although she was nervous she talked a lot more than I did on my first day. She doesn't know much Japanese but I can tell she'll probably pick it up fast. It's looking really good and I'm pretty pumped about these next 5 months or so.
Anyway,
Much Love!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Kinky Boots a couple of weeks ago...what did you think of it? It was On Demand here, so I tuned in.

The shortcake looks yummy!

I love you!

xoxo
Mom

2:45 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I loved kinky boots! It was hilarious...and very touching too^.^

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home