When In Tokyo...

This blog is a space to keep track of the year I will spend in Japan. Look forward to pictures, rants, and raves of all things Japanese. I'll also link up to a few other blogs. Please leave me a comment here and there to let me know you're still alive and reading.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

The final part of the trip...

...was a day with Okaasan.
Because I told her mom liked pottery Okaasan took us to Kappabashi...a street where you can get pretty much anything you need to start a restaurant. Main attraction? Quite easily the plastic food, which, had it not been so expensive, I would have bought a replica parfait. Mom did her major shopping here and much resembled Rae on her shopping spree in Harajuku. Manami and her friend, Sen, were also with us. It was really fun.

After wards we went to an early dinner at the Lipton restaruant. I love this place and it seemed to be a hit with Rae and Mom as well. Otoosan even met us there, which was good since Mom and Rae had yet to meet him. Naoto couldn't make it because he has tests all week which he had to study for.

After Dinner I had planned to take a quick break at home before going back out with Rae to suuiidabashi to meet Andrew and ride thunder dolphin. But, since we asked Manami and Sen if they wanted to go they thought it would be better to go strait from the station. So mom went home with Okaasan and Otoosan (brave of her since I knew she felt a little awkward being alone with them...good thing they're so nice and mom liked them so much!) So manami, Sen, Rae and I headed to suuiidabashi where we met andrew (and his parents who only watched-they are visiting for the next two weeks). Rae gets scared by roller coasters but was a trooper, only crying when we started ascending. Seriously, Thunder Dolphin is the best roller coaster ever!

Aftr riding Manami and Sen went off to meet other friends and Rae and I stayed to chat with Andrew and his parents. andrew also gave Rae her going away gift of the first season of Hana Yori Dango, which I had managed to get her addicted to and Andrew dowloaded for her.

We returned home and I immediatly slept but woke around 2:30 to find rae finishing up Hana Yori...too bad she cant watch the second season yet!

The next morning we ate breakfast with my host family and then met Andrew's family for breakfast as well before heading off to the airport. We had time to kill there so we all ate some ice cream, then mom and Rae helped me pick out a pair of skinny jeans at the Uniqlo, and then Mom gave me some extra money. always fun^.^

I felt a litte bad at first at the airport. You see, like I said it was a bit stressful. And I felt oddly relived that it was time to say goodbye....maybe that sounds cold but you should understand how happy I was and how much fun I had with mom and Rae. I couldnt have asked for a better present (except for maybe my WHOLE immediate family to come-which probably would have been a lot more stressful) and I really am gald I cxould show mom and Rae a good time. And when it came down to it, when Rae and Mom walked through that security gate, I did start crying and I didn't feel so relieved anymore. It was the oddest feeling of sudden loneliness...and probably the deepest homesickness I've felt the whole time I've been here. I even bought two (rather expensive) magazines just to keep me company on the (rather long) train ride home.

And that, was my mother and sister's trip to Japan. I hope they loved it, I know I did.

and now I'm about to be off on another week of fun all over Japan with Andrew's parents. This time though, I don't have to be guide as much...which is nice (not that I minded doing so for mom and Rae).

Much Love!
And again...pictures will come soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home