When In Tokyo...

This blog is a space to keep track of the year I will spend in Japan. Look forward to pictures, rants, and raves of all things Japanese. I'll also link up to a few other blogs. Please leave me a comment here and there to let me know you're still alive and reading.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Pokemon Center!

This is a filler post until I can research some more kyudo info for you guys!


That's right, Tokyo has its own real live Pokemon Center!
(apparently there are three but I've only been able to find the one near Tokyo station)

This place opened about 6 or 7 years ago and then it was crazy popular. People had to sometimes wait two hours just to get into the store! Even now, especially on holidays, the store is chock full of little children trying to buy Pokemon paraphanelia, from pokemon dolls, to cards, to school supplies, to food and candy! It's really fun to go in and look around and watch kids frantically beg their parents and grandparents for stuff. I think I'd actually love to work there but that probably won't happen.

I did buy some pokemon cards there. I can't help myself, the critters are so cute!
Here's a pic of the madness:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Pokemon still popular anywhere else besides Japan? It seems ages ago when you kids were in the Pokemon craze. This entry makes me a little nostalgic. :)

Love you!
Mom

7:45 PM  
Blogger Rinny said...

i would like to point out that it's been more than a day since the post before this one. :P i miiiiss you!!! <3

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home