When In Tokyo...

This blog is a space to keep track of the year I will spend in Japan. Look forward to pictures, rants, and raves of all things Japanese. I'll also link up to a few other blogs. Please leave me a comment here and there to let me know you're still alive and reading.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Request

Last night Okaasan went to the hospital. when I went to bed she was fine but when I woke up her parents were here and Otoosan was cooking breakfast. He told me that she was in the hospital in ICU and said something about what happened but I didn't quite understand. Today I got home and his family was here (I had to wait in my room since his father doesn't like to meet us). After they left Manami explained to me in more simple Japanese what had happened. If I am understanding correctly a blood vessel bursted in her head and she is still in ICU and not doing too well. I think she is in a coma. They can't operate either but I didn't quite understand why.

If everyone could just please pray for her. I mean, even if you don't usually pray if you could sort of keep her in your thoughts please.

Thank you

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness... of course i'll be praying. love you tons, send love to the family. <3

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! We will say a prayer for her!

Love Dad!

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessica:

From your description, it sounds like she had a stroke. That is when a blood vessel bursts in the brain. Severity can have quite a range from mild to severe. Please keep up us to date on her condition.

Love, Dad!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Jessica -- good to talk to you this morning.

I have passed along the prayer request to both our small group, as well as the staff and leadership at Intown. I know a lot of people are praying for Kumiko (and you).

Jim

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess - I hope you were able to get more information since our talk...I will continue my prayers in the meantime.

Much love to you and the family,

Mom

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Jess. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessica - I am so sorry. We continue to pray for you and your host family as you grieve for Kumiko. I know this must be incredibly hard for everyone.

Love, Emily

7:19 AM  
Blogger Kappa no He said...

That is so sad. Is that her in the picture? She was so young. I live in Japan too and I know several people who have had the same thing happen. I'm thinking stroke. Take care. I'm sure there are a lot of formalities and traditions that must be dealt with as well. If you need any help let me know.

I saw that you had commented on my blog. My name's Terrie.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home