When In Tokyo...

This blog is a space to keep track of the year I will spend in Japan. Look forward to pictures, rants, and raves of all things Japanese. I'll also link up to a few other blogs. Please leave me a comment here and there to let me know you're still alive and reading.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Birthday Fun!

For my birthday I, with the help of Andrew and his friend John(from the dorm, not from UGA), organized a little Kareoke get together for a nice group of people. Some people didn't come but man, they missed out, because it was tons of fun.

We went to a place called Do Re Mi and got a room that had its own stage and a fun lighting set up. I met a few new people, had only one drink, and we all sang till about midnight thirty. We started at 9ish so it was a good long time. Yay! The night started with a bit too much heavy metal for my taste but things lightened up after awhile...it was fun, and I even thought the metal was entertaining. I think my favorite parts were:
1)When andrew sang Kiss from a rose and Duncan and Ross and John all swooned (as well as me)
2)When I finally found DJ Miko's version of What's Up and got to sing it as the last song of the night
3)When Deborah, this very sweet looking french girl gets up and starts singing dome death metal song and sounds like they actually do when they sing it...scary!
4)How the only Japanese guy there showed everyone up (except maybe Andrew) cuz he actually sang the songs in Japanese and did an awesome job...

Pictures:
DuncanJohn and Ross

Flo Justin
Deborah, Justin, Taji

So...that was Friday night. On Saturday around one Andrew and I as well as Okaasan, Manami, and her friend (Mika? it think...sad because I have such a terrible memory even after talking so much with her) began cooking. Manami did the little drawing thing that chooses jobs randomly so Mika and I were in charge of Takoyaki and Andrew and Manami were in charge of tacos. We all eneded up helping each other out anyway. It was really fun and then we sat around eating and talking for probably a couple hours.



Manami bought me the cutest thing...I forgot to take a picture of it tho...its a little thing that bobs its head...she also made me a cake...though neither Okaasan nor Manami knew how to spell my name!^.^

The bear on the cake is named Rira Kuma and I love this character...which Manami and Okaasan both know.
After eating cake and food (way too much by the way^.^) we played a really strange game that I dont think any of us actually understood. I won though. Hah hah. It was advertised on the box as the most popular game in the world...I don't think that's true tho.


It was a great birthday! I also got cards from Grandma and grandpa, as well as mom's gift and Emily and Titi Gloria sent me e-cards. I also got a lot of well wishes on facebook.
Whoo!
I'm 20 now...yay!

Much Love!
PS...I got an A on my women's history paper. He said I had a unique argument but I could have expanded it a little furthur...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love the game you mentioned! It's train by train or "Zug um Zug" as it's called where I live. I could play it every day but I agree with you that it's not so popular. "Catan" is more popular I think.

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't believe you and rachel are 20. that's sooo weird!! sounds like you had an awesome birthday!! love ya!-caitlin

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't talked to you in foreverrrr...I'm glad you had a great birthday! Expect my present soon...I like to prolong the celebration...ha. Ok let's talk soon, cause I miss you. xoxoxo -Sara

4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, Jessica...everything sounds so perfect! I'm so glad you had such a good time.

You're almost an old fart...

Love you tons!!
xoxo
Mom

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home