When In Tokyo...

This blog is a space to keep track of the year I will spend in Japan. Look forward to pictures, rants, and raves of all things Japanese. I'll also link up to a few other blogs. Please leave me a comment here and there to let me know you're still alive and reading.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Updates Forthcoming

Is that the right word?
In any case, I apologize that I have been very busy for awhile and havn't been able to update. Tonight I should be able to add all the new entries I've been wanting to share with you all since something like last week. There is a lot and I plan to write all the big stuff in separate entries.

In some shorter updates I'll say that yesterday was interesting because Andrew and I checked out a bible study that is in both Japanese and English(the connection courtesy of Andrew's parents). It was nice, though, some things were a little odd(mostly about the place we were meeting at) but I think we'll probably try to make going a habit since everyone was friendly and it seems like a good group of people.

On Sunday Andrew and I went to a place called Ameyokocho, right outside Ueno(I have yuet to actually enter the park but that is to be remedied next weekend). It was fun to walk around the side streets and see all the little shops and people selling stuff. If I'm not mistaken the history of the area is that it is where the western items were sold when they first came over...something like a black market? I can't remember exactly andf I may be confusing it with another place. In any case, it was a nice to walk around there and just outside of the area is this huge toy shop which we only saw a bit of because I was starving.

In other notes, I sent out postcards, around 20 or so. So a lot of you should be getting them. It was cheaper than I thought it would be so I'm a little worried they won't show up...still, keep an eye out. I've alos made the decision that I'm not really going to ship gifts home for you guys. sorry, but I realized it would be too expensive. I'll send letter and postcards and normal cards though. Maybe when mom and Rae come I can send some stuff home with them, I'll probably have to.

Andrew and I have been planning a trip to Sapporo for the Snow fest. I think we've found a place to stay that's super cheap so Im excited. We will probably book it today. I definatly can't wait to go and I hope I also get a chance to do some snowbaording while I'm up there, we'll see.

Anyway, that's all for short updates. The big ones come tonight...
Yay!
Peace!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, I'm so jellis you get to go to Sapporo!!!! Please take lots and lots of pictures, since I'll have to experience it vicariously.

Love you!
Mom

4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessica - I just got my postcard yesterday - Thanks! Glad you think you've found a place in Sapporo.

Emily

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home