When In Tokyo...

This blog is a space to keep track of the year I will spend in Japan. Look forward to pictures, rants, and raves of all things Japanese. I'll also link up to a few other blogs. Please leave me a comment here and there to let me know you're still alive and reading.

Friday, May 11, 2007

The Measles....

Okay...
I'm not saying I love the measles or anything but at this moment they have made me happier than naything else could have today.

Because there is an outbreak in Tokyo right now, particularly, 3 students at Sophia have gotten it, the school will be closed all of next week. That means no school, no clubs, no tests, no nothing! It's the vacation I was dreading not having! Even longer than golden week!

Of course, Tyisha and her friends are pretty much about to plan a last minute trip somewhere...I'd totally go if I had the money but as it is I'll be sitting pretty and relaxing.

I really needed another vacation so I'm pretty pumped!

IN other small news, I'm getting plans ready for a trip to Fuji san with friends on the last weekend of may. Very excited about that, plus it should be cheap. I'm also starting to work on plans for a possible trip to Okinawa in July...if I can save enough money.

I'm so happy right now.

But of course, maybe keep in your mind and prayers those students that do have measles.
Much Love!

6 Comments:

Blogger Raquelita said...

Que suerte! (That means how lucky.)

So, I've decided since we are going to travel around South America the summer after I graduate, Im gonna start planning our trip and teaching you Spanish. K? Sounds good!

I love you!

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess i *might* keep in mind the kids sick and miserable with the measles :P

fun that you get a vacation though! in a week i'm done with my first year of college!! crazy!!!

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing better than an unexpected vacation! Enjoy all that relaxing free time.

Love you!
xoxo
Mom

3:18 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I'm gonna try and do Fujisan in August with some friends! But we're all from up north on Honshu.

Can you post details about your route, where you stayed, etc. ? That'd be great. Thanks so much! Enjoy your vacation!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Looks like there was a previous outbreak of measles in Japan in 2001. See this editorial from the Daily Yomiuri.

And now measles is spreading north towards me. I've had my shots, but I've gotta admit I'm a little scared.

Also, FYI, measles is airborne and spreads through the respiratory system. Go to a conbini and buy one of those little masks!

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you! update! i want to hear about spending all night on the streets of japan. :)

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home