When In Tokyo...

This blog is a space to keep track of the year I will spend in Japan. Look forward to pictures, rants, and raves of all things Japanese. I'll also link up to a few other blogs. Please leave me a comment here and there to let me know you're still alive and reading.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Random Keitai Pics

So...I decided to just email the pictures on my camera to myself (some of you may think, 'well, duh' but I have no idea how much this will cost me and a friend told me his plan charges about 500 yen per email with attatched pictures....I only sent two so this wouldn't be so bad but...in the long run it is not ideal).
In any case:
Some may remember when I bought that cheesey little book about thing you might expect to have happen to you in Japan. Remember the part about someone sleeping on your shoulder in the train? Remember how we laughed and thought, oh, that's silly!? Well, it happens. And in the end, you do just kind of sit there and let them sleep. Me, I was cracking up, very quietly, but still shaking from laughter. The girl didn't wake up till I moved to leave the train.
My attempt at a picture:

Here are pictures of Me and yukari all dressed up! She's minnie mouse and I'm Snow white, though in many of the pictures she wanted me to wear one glove. That's right, I made those costumes!


These are old pictures from the first tabehoudai I went to with Andrew and his friends. IT was fun though I don't remember the girls names because it was so long ago.



My attempts at Ikebana:

And the far superior Obaasan at work on Ikebana:
That's all for now. I have a larger update coming up but don't feel like writing much at the moment.
Much Love!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee! That is so awesome about the girl falling asleep on your shoulder. I always sort of imagined it would be a middle-aged balding man, but this is almost as good. I can also see a little cartoon-you whipping out your 'in case of odd situations' manual and reading what to do. Lovely costumes, also. I miss you!

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s., that was alice above

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pretty much means you will leave Japan with a full experience!! I'm so happy someone fell asleep on your shoulder...it was hands down the best part of all your Japan books. Too bad you didn't make the situation awkward by stroking the girls hair...haha, wait, that surpasses awkward to creepy. If I come to Japan I will make sure to fall asleep on a strangers shoulder, or maybe yours and I'll pretend it's a stanger, just to really experience Japan.
-Sara

2:02 PM  
Blogger Selenechiba said...

It looks like... the best thing in the world. I wonder if you'll have a very hard time adjusting when you come back... =/

(I got a new blog!)

-Jessie

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that someone fell asleep on your shoulder! Classic!!

The costumes turned out great...you two look so cute.

Lastly, I think your Ikebana is beautiful. Heh. That sentence sounds funny. ;)

Love you!
Mom

12:10 PM  
Blogger Selenechiba said...

I sent you an email - please respond soon!

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are finals going?

xoxo
Mom

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessica - The JR passes just came! Woot!!

Love you,
Mom

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home