When In Tokyo...

This blog is a space to keep track of the year I will spend in Japan. Look forward to pictures, rants, and raves of all things Japanese. I'll also link up to a few other blogs. Please leave me a comment here and there to let me know you're still alive and reading.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Year's sales!

So...

For the first 10 or so days after new years much of Tokyo goes crazy with New Year's sales which means everything, EVERYTHING, is super super cheap. OKaasan and Manami and I went to shibuya and the place was even more packed than usual. The department stores had lines out the doors and we only went to one store and spent at least an hour and a half there, most of that time in line. I did make one purchase.
(its the dress Im wearing!)




Also, there are these bags called "Fuku Bukuro" which translates as clothing bag. basically its a bunch of random clothes in a bag you buy for pretty cheap. People RACE for these things. It's very entertaining. And I think my host father really likes looking through the newspaper for deals.


and another:
Much Love!


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

simply stunning. I misssssss you soooooo much! I love reading your blog since skype seems to not be working for us right now..sad. You look beautiful, I'm glad there are pictures again. Jess, do you need me to send you a usb memory card reader thing? Just let me know!! <3, honeybear

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cute dress. :D

10:21 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

actually sara, I may need it since these pictures came from andrew^.^

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Fuku Bukuro"?
LOL
Sounds like somebody cussing!
FU Bukaroo!
LOL
Love Dad!

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, I knew they were from andrew...good thing I'm your agent. I'll hook u up. I'll get one in the mail within a week. All you will need then are rechargeable batteries, which again I have a charger if they are expensive so lemme know!

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jess that dress is soooo cute!! you look so pretty. i love reading your blog! miss you!
-caitlin

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this earlier and thought I'd noted, but I see now that I didn't.

Love the dress, Jess!

xoxo
Love you,
Mom

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home