When In Tokyo...

This blog is a space to keep track of the year I will spend in Japan. Look forward to pictures, rants, and raves of all things Japanese. I'll also link up to a few other blogs. Please leave me a comment here and there to let me know you're still alive and reading.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Costume party!

Hey! Sorry its been awhile since Ive updated, not much has been happening except end of school type things.

I have been hanging out a lot with yukari. She's super nice. I've also spent a good bit of time in the art room now as you can go to art club whenever you want. I like it, I just need some acrylics or something and I'm set (I suck at water color, I've been trying but I'm just not patient enough).

In any case, this past weekend the art club had a costume contest so Yukari came over on saturday (we bought fabric on friday) and we made costumes all day. Yukari went as minnie mouse and I went as snow white. The costumes turned out great and the next day at the party was fun. We ate Nabe (which is some meat and vegetbale thrown in a big pot and cooked on a sort of open flame...hard to explain...), cake, cookies and the like. Okaasan and Manami had made some fabulous oatmeal cookies (the only ones aside from Alice's mom's that I like!) which I shared at the party. Super delicous.

I took some pictures on my keitai (cellphone) but I still cant seem to get the program which retreives said pictures to work. So you all have to use your imagination.

Other than that..well, Im really excited about the break. Im visiting Yukari in Hiroshima and Andrew and I are planning to do a day trip somewhere. I'm sure Ill be doing something with the family on new years, and probably with friends as well. Also, on the 8th of January I was invited to the coming of age ceremony, where I'll have to wear a Kimono and everything. I think...it's a bit confusing but I think Okaasan is going to help me out.

Im also excited about christmas. Im cooking for the family...Im not sure tho because I may be buyiong the groceries myself and that's a tad expensive. I'm not sure. I hope to also buy each person a prestna dn I've got a secret surprise in store as well.

I'm very excited.
In any case...

Tis all for now!
Much Love!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sexy lady,
I'm off to the post office now aka camera in the mail. I wrote a note about the batteries and such, but I forgot to add info about hooking it up to your computer so read this: I don't have a cords, but what I use with my camera now and the camera I'm sending you is a memory card reader that has a usb that hooks directly into the computer and I know at least with the one I have, it has a space for 3 different size memory cards, which is good because it fits the bigger kind (like the one I'm sending you) and the smaller kind (which are found in most cameras now) so you shouldn't have to get another one when you get a new camera. I don't know if that will be hard to find in Japan, if so let me know and I'll get you one here and send it to you, no problem at all. I really hope it works because I miss your pictures!! Plus, did you ever get your other package?? This one better not get lost...hmm..I'm off. Love you!!
-Honeybear

11:47 AM  
Blogger Raquelita said...

Sound slike so much fun! I wish you could be here in spain with me, we have to come together some time! i love you!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I've learned that not all grocery stores are the same. Do you have a Coop or a Cub Foods near you? I've found those are cheaper than shappu grocery stores. And they're still good quality food.

Good luck! Later.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the pictures of the costumes!

You could cook an abbreviated version of the meal...just do some of the recipes I sent, not all of them. I'm anxious to hear how it all comes out. :)

Love you!
Mom

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love you. that's all. :D

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, no arroz con gandules, lechon asado and tostones for Christmas??? They sell Goya products in Japan?
:))

You did Snow White! Your Mom hould scan and post the pictures of you when you were 3-4? and went as Snow White for Halloween.

My favorites costume of yours was when you and Raquel dressed up as old ladies just for the fun of it and you had the sag going and all.
THAT was very funny!

Second favorite was you as the Mummy and Raquel as Pebbles.

Third favorite was both of you as dice.
Love Dad!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you said snow white, i totally thought of the drawing you did of a sexy snow white and i put in the lit mag! haha, good times! i need to start getting online more so i can talk to you! i'm sure i'll be on all the time once i'm at uga! love/miss you

-caitlin

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home