When In Tokyo...

This blog is a space to keep track of the year I will spend in Japan. Look forward to pictures, rants, and raves of all things Japanese. I'll also link up to a few other blogs. Please leave me a comment here and there to let me know you're still alive and reading.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Sometimes...

Well..this will be my first rant post I guess.
I just wanted to say, I really can't wait till next semester. The one thing that sucks about going abroad through school is that sometimes you get all caught up in the school work and business that is school and forget why you're in another country. To me, this is the worst thing. I came to Japan to learn about Japan. Yes, most of my classes have to do with Japan but I also want to see the country, meet the people, and really learn the language. It's so hard to feel like I can do this when I busy reading, writing papers, and taking tests.

So really, Im excited about next semester/year. I'm going to take the bare minimum as far as classes go so I have more time ot explore Tokyo and hopefully other parts of Japan. I also really want to spend more time on my own around the city. I'm always a little worried about going places alone, but mostly for safety reasons. Next year I'm going make an effort to go places by myself...
I dunno...I'm just starting to feel a little like my priorities here are getting mixed up. I don't want to worry about grades, I'd rather be worrying about the enxt museum exhibit I'm going to see, or the next little restaurant I'm going to try.

Of course, I'm also excited because I'll be getting more into Ikebana and possibly the art club..that should be fun. And the new classes I do take mean new opportunities for meeting new people, which I want to do more of.

I'm just feeling...I don't know how to describe it. I feel like I should be doing more, I want to do more.

Maybe I'm getting homesick...who knows.
Hah hah
Peace and Much love!

3 Comments:

Blogger Raquelita said...

I love you Jessica more than anything in the world. Do what you feel is right for you, and take the bare minimum of classes! Sounds like a plan to me ^_^
I miss you Jessica, and I wish I could give you a big ol' hug!

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sounds like a good idea jess! you bought all those travel books with tons of stuff to do around the city, might as well put them to use!! while it may be scary to go alone, maybe being by yourself will make you want to meet random people...or something like that. haha. i love you soo much! you're my idol!
-caitlin

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that cutting classes to a minimum so you can enjoy more of the country is the right thing to do. But can I say? It seems like you are doing SO much and having some wonderful experiences. I'd wager that you've gotten more out of this trip so far than some do for a whole year. Really. I can't wait to talk to you more about this on Skype. Soon!

I love you to bits!!
xoxo
Mom

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home