When In Tokyo...

This blog is a space to keep track of the year I will spend in Japan. Look forward to pictures, rants, and raves of all things Japanese. I'll also link up to a few other blogs. Please leave me a comment here and there to let me know you're still alive and reading.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Decent day, minus one BIG problem

SO, today was pretty good, as was yesterday.

Mostly what I did was park viewing.
Yesterday, Manami, Okaasan and I returned to the small park outside the museum we visisted last week. The trees were changing color and the park was beautiful. In about half a week all the trees will be red and it will be amazing! After that we shopped a little.

today Andrew and I went to Ueno. The park is huge! and petty though most of the colored leaves had fallen by today. Still, the weather was gorgeous and made the park very nice. We visisted the museum exhibit I got free tickets for. It was an exhibit of wood sculptures of Bhuddist gods and deities and such. It was really spectacular. I want to learn how to carve wood now!

In any case, a pretty simple and relaxing weekend.

Until...

I found out...

My camera is BROKEN!
Yup, the shutter won't open. This is bad news for me. Not only will I not be able to take pictures for my own personal pleasure but I will also not be able to take pictures for the sake of my scholarship project. I can still draw and paint pictures for the project I guess but I really wanted to take more pictures as well.

So....what to do?
I can't really afford a new camera, saving for sapporo and when mom and rae come...as well as possibly okinawa....

Sucks...I'm sure Ill figure something out...
Much Love!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer! Sorry your camera broke
:((
I'm surprised they don't have inexpensive digital cameras in Japan!

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, I think splurging for an inexpensive camera is something you should do if you can afford to at all. Prices are so low these days, at least here they are. Or, at least get a disposable camera...or borrow Andrew's from time to time? I mean really, you can't be over there and not take pictures!!

Love you!
Mom

4:48 PM  
Blogger Raquelita said...

Ha ha, um, could you be hinting any stronger for someone to buy you a camera? Ha ha, or maybe thats what i would do. Listen jess, get a disposable until you can get a real one, whether you buy it or someone else does. HINT HINT! I love you!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I wish I could afford one...hah hah...no, I don;t expect anyone else to buy me one and they probably are cheaper here but with my current situation it is diffcult..Im thinking next semester I'll be able to afford a new one so untill then its disposables^.^

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessica - get Andrew to buy the digital camera I told him to get for his birthday, and then borrow it when you need to.

Emily

10:38 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I've been trying to get him too...it's just we're both not sure what kind to pick out...he keeps asking me but I don't know that much either...he'll probably get one this weekend^.^

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww Jess, sorry about the camera, I love you pics. Buy disposables or somethinng lame for the time being so you will still have pictures, because u will be sad if you don't!! Miss you!!

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww babe that sucks about the camera! jess i love reading your blog! love/miss you! -caitlin

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's too bad about the camera. Do you have a keitai? Mine has 3 Megapix and I use it all the time for pics I put up on my blog and stuff.

Do you have any plans for Christmas? If you're traveling domestically buy tickets now. Public transportation is WAY more popular in Japan. :)

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! the same thing happened to me when i was in France! how weird. isn't it so nice of camera's to break right when we need them the most? love you!!!

erin

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home