When In Tokyo...

This blog is a space to keep track of the year I will spend in Japan. Look forward to pictures, rants, and raves of all things Japanese. I'll also link up to a few other blogs. Please leave me a comment here and there to let me know you're still alive and reading.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas time is here!

On Friday Sophia University had a christmas party for all the foreign exchange students.
I had to go late because I was checking out Art club with Yukari. The club was really cool! and everyone was really nice to me. I showed Yukari my work that I had pictures of and then everyone there sketched one of us who would stand and model. I even modeled! They all said I was good but I think a lot of them were good too. Yukari and I made plans to go see the Art CLub christmas tree after the party and then I went to the Party and met Andrew there.

The food was already gone by the time I got there but there was tons of wine and beer. Which really strikes me as funny...I mean, the school was hosting the party. I stuck to wine but one of Andrew's friends was flipping out about how much beer they had there. I chatted with Andrew, a lot of the people from my Japanese class, Deborah from Karaoke, other random people, and met some really nice Japanese girls and exchanged numbers with them. Sanat Clause even showed up at the party and gave some lucky people some Sophia Paraphanelia. It was fun!

Then andrew and I met yukari and went to Iidabashi to see the Art clubs christmas tree, which Ill probably eventually help out with. It's made of wood in a spiral sort of way and they have these molded ornaments all over it. Im excited!

After that Yukari, Andrew and I went to Takada where we watched Andrew play some Popin and took some Puri Kura (sp?) together. It was fun to do with Yukari because she actually understood what was going on. (Puri Kura are really cool machines where you take fun pictures and draw all over them...America should have them!)

after that we walked back to Andrews Dorm and we started to watch "The Fountain" but Yukari had to go help her friend study for a test. Yukari is super nice and fun to talk to (in english and japanese). I think we're going to be hanging out a lot now...she's also lending me the book "the notebook" because she and I were talking about movies we loved.

In any case...Friday was wonderful!
Since then I've mostly be studying the tale of Genji...It's pretty interesting...though you've got to kind of be separated from your own personal morals to read it...I mean...you've got to realize that the way life was pictured s very different from how you might think it should be-and you have to be alright with that. I like it though...I especially think Nick should read it...Don't know why tho.

If anyone wants me to post a sort of general summary and analysis of it then let me know via comments.

Hmmm...andrew came over to my house to study today. That was fun.
And yesterday the Fam and I tried to go see the "Christmas Illumination" in Odaiba but the lights were turned off on all but one tree.

And...
Mom sent me some amazing videos to cure my homesickness!
Everyone should see them...err...
unless mom tells me to take them off the blog^.^
here the are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym9ufHeXgsA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HdUvZiCSoY
Miss you all and Love you!

Peace!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww I love mom! That was the greatest video I've ever seen. I miss you!!! So remember the time I sent you and Andrew birthday presents years ago and then I had to redo it, well I was busy with finals so I gave it to my dad to mail and it's actually in the mail correctly so you should be getting it this week. Oh and Greg is so happy he made the video. We had to watch it over and over. I LOVE YOU!!!!!
-sara

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww your mom is amazing! those videos almost made me cry...almost! oh an i think your new friends name is sooo cute! i love you! -caitlin

5:09 PM  
Blogger Raquelita said...

Jessica, I wish I could see you for christmas!

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool videos - nice job!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! That last was a comment from "Dad!"

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was trying to figure out why the videos got so many views, now I know! The one of the house turned out terribly after the software did its editing...taking out bunches and leaving in the laundry room. LOL OH well, I'm tickled you liked the real one.

I'm also tickled that your out and meeting so many cool new people. You go!

I love you!
xoxo
Mom

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, I love your family! That video made me so happy and nostalgic. I miss you so much!

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps, that last post was from me. I still love you ardently. -Alice

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home